About Faith Academy
A K3-12 Christian Private School Serving Victoria, Texas and the Surrounding Area.
Since 1981, Faith Academy has partnered with families, community leaders, teachers, and staff, to provide quality education in a safe, Christian environment. Faith Academy embraces a student populous that is both culturally and spiritually diverse. We offer an exceptional educational experience in an interdenominational setting with a teacher-to-student ratio that allows for smaller classroom sizes.
Faith Academy is dually accredited by the International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA) and Cognia for preschool to 12th grade. Both the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC) recognize the authority of ICAA and Cognia to accredit private schools in the state of Texas.
The purpose of accreditation is to assure all stakeholders that a standard of excellence is preserved in the school and that a continuous plan for improvement is being implemented. As part of the rigorous accreditation process, an external review team evaluates the school based on the standards set by Cognia and ICAA every 5 years.
Faith Academy has been accredited by the TEA and the TEPSAC since 2000.
Faith Academy is also accredited by the State of Texas for our Cub Care program.
Additional affiliations include the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) and Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF).
Request A Tour
Complete the information below and a member of the Faith Academy staff will contact you promptly.
Associations & Accolades
- International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA)
- Cognia (Formally AdvancEd)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)
- Texas Association of Parochial and Private Schools (TAPPS)
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC)
- Texas Educational Agency (TEA)
A Special Message From School Leadership
Pastor Jim & Tamara Graff
We are delighted that you are considering Faith Academy for your child.
Tamara and I, along with our staff, have labored diligently for over two decades to build a solid Christian private school not only for our church but for the community as well. We are proud to serve a student population that is both culturally and spiritually diverse with over 20 different church backgrounds represented. Our goal is to provide academic and extracurricular excellence in a distinctly Christian environment.
We are dedicated to bringing out the best in every student spiritually, academically, athletically, or in the arts.
We know God has called us and feel privileged to have a part in training and equipping this generation of young people. We realize that today’s children are tomorrow’s leaders.
We are grateful for your interest in Faith Academy and believe you will not be disappointed in what it has to offer.
God bless you.
Superintendent Larry Long
As a parent of five graduates of Faith Academy, I know how important it is to send students to a place where they will be educated in a way that brings glory to God, helps develop the whole person, and reinforces what is being instilled at home.
I believe you will find Faith Academy to be a wonderful investment not only in your child’s future but present as well. Our faculty are competent, caring, and committed to helping your child:
- DISCOVER who God is,
- DEVELOP Christ-like character and a Biblical worldview, and
- DEPLOY his/her gifts and talents in Christian service and witness all for the glory of God.
Faith Academy is a fully accredited Christian private school that has been educating children in the Victoria area since 1981. We believe that strong academics and leadership development are just as important as a safe environment. From enrichment and extracurricular activities to dual credit opportunities we are preparing your child’s future today.
The Faith Academy
Statement Of Faith
Read Our Statement Of Faith
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. Genesis 1:1,26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14
- Man is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God's creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." This attitude separates man from God. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2
- Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God, through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence. John 3:16; I John 2:25 & 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5 & 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13
- Salvation is a gift from God to all mankind. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can man be saved from the sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Christ into his life by faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6 & 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
- Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security. John 10:29; II Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25 & 10:10-14; I Peter 1:3-5
- The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily. II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13 & 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12 & 3:16; Ephesians 1:13 & 5:18; Galatians 5:25
- The Bible is God's word to all mankind. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error. II Timothy 1:13 & 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21; Psalm 119:105, 160 & 12:6; Proverbs 30:5
Faith Academy endeavors to provide a quality Christian educational program that develops the whole person so that students may
- DISCOVER who God is, His purpose, His plans, and His promises.
- DEVELOP a Biblical worldview, Christ-like character, and essential knowledge and skills.
- DEPLOY their gifts and talents for Christian witness and service all for the glory of God.
Faith Academy seeks to provide an educational experience where young people are discipled, prepared, and equipped to take the life-changing ministry of Jesus Christ into their homes, communities, churches, and future careers. We are committed to educating the whole person-body, mind, and spirit-with excellence and assisting young people to discover who they are in Christ, develop a biblical worldview and Christ-like character, and deploy their gifts and abilities for Christian witness and service.
Our Core Values
Commitment to Biblical Authority
Faith Academy is a distinctive educational institution in that it recognizes that all truth comes from God and deems the Bible to be the Word of God, the authoritative textbook on spiritual and moral matters, and the standard for all truth. God's Word provides the lens through which all academic disciplines are examined.
Commitment to Evangelism and Discipleship
As a Christ-centered school, Faith Academy's purpose is to lead every student to a personal decision to surrender control of their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ . . . "in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge'" (Colossians 2:3) and to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit for direction in making life choices.
Commitment to Inclusive Ministry
Faith Academy is committed to fostering a Biblical worldview in students of a wide range of ability levels, church affiliations and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
Commitment to Impacting the Culture Through Service
Faith Academy strives to equip its students for Christian service by providing opportunities to develop their individual God-given gifts and abilities and inspiring them to impact their world for the cause of Christ.
Commitment to Christian Excellence
Faith Academy seeks to glorify God through a commitment to quality and excellence in all facets of its operation (2 Cor. 13:11) and strives to instill this same commitment to Christian excellence in the lives of its students.
Meet the Staff
Mr. Long earned his Masters of Education in School Administration and Supervision from the University of Houston-Victoria and his Bachelors in Elementary Education from Abilene Christian University. Mr. Long served as the Elementary Principal at Faith Academy from 2006-2017 before being promoted to his current role of Superintendent/Secondary Principal.
Mr. Long has been an educator in the K3-12 public and Christian school sector since 1990 and serves as an ICAA Accreditation Engagement Review Team member.
Mr. Long is an ordained minister and active member of Faith Family Church.
Mrs. Neinast attended Victoria College and the University of Houston-Victoria and received a Bachelor of Science in Education and a Master of Education in School Administration and Supervision. Mrs. Neinast has been an educator in the K3-12 public and Christian school sector since 1987.
As a Faith Academy parent, Mrs. Neinast served on the Development Team and the Advisory Council. Mrs. Neinast has also served as an ICAA Accreditation Engagement Review Team member.
Mrs. Neinast is an active member of Faith Family Church and serves on the Usher DreamTeam.
Hello Cougar Nation,
An athletic director faces one of the most complex, challenging, and rewarding leadership roles at any school, whether working at the Jr high or high school level. My goal is to develop our Faith Academy Athletic program’s strengths and set it on the path to long-term success. Like any leader, the athletic director must wear many hats and be prepared to adapt to a wide range of situations. Flexibility, focus, and the skill to build a winning culture with limited resources are essential. I promise you I will do my best to make you proud—Cougar Nation proud.
Every athletic director brings their own interests, background, and skills to the position. Still, there are some core traits that can be seen at work again and again in the most successful athletic programs. To be the best, we will strive for continuous improvement. Thank you in advance for your patience, fairness, and ongoing support.
Our Faith Academy athletic department can be counted on for the following essential traits:
- Strong Sense of Character Judgment – The Right People in the Right Places.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Ready to Speak for the Program.
- A Passion for Athletics – Demonstrating What Sportsmanship Means.
- Leadership – Modeling Tenacity and Heart to the Organization.
- Prioritization and Problem Solving – Making the Tough Calls.
- Vision and Inspiration – Guiding the Program in New Directions.
- The Ability to Keep it All in Perspective – Not Forgetting to Have Fun.
As we partner together to make our mission a reality, it will take each of us doing what is necessary for success. Go Cougars!
Randy J Reed
Mrs. Baker graduated from the University of Houston-Victoria with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. As a military wife for 24 years, she had the opportunity to work in the fitness/health sector and educate and tutor children in the different communities where they were stationed, which sparked her passion for assisting students in reaching their life goals.
She has been married for 29 years, has two adult children, and is the grandmother of a beautiful newborn granddaughter. She and her husband attend Faith Family Church and enjoy camping, being outside, and spending time with family in their spare time. She is excited to share Christ's love with Faith Academy students while also encouraging them to accomplish their academic goals.
Mrs. Felicia Torres is a Faith Academy alumnus. Prior to working at Faith Academy, Mrs. Torres worked in the retail industry and owned and operated her own business.
Mrs. Torres and her husband have five children and are active members of Faith Family Church.
Meet the Faculty
K3 TEACHER - Kayla Cavazos
K4 TEACHER - Monica Thompson
Monica Thompson is a Faith Academy graduate. She has worked in Early Childhood Education for over 25 years and at Faith Academy in the preschool department since 2000.
Mrs. Thompson considers it an honor to introduce the preschool students to academics and God's Word at a level that they can understand.
KINDERGARTEN - Shea Cabrera
Mrs. Cabrera is a Victoria native & Faith Academy Alumni. Shortly after graduating high school, she joined the Pre-K team, and school care team, & coached volleyball! She earned her bachelor’s degree in early childhood & elementary education from Oral Roberts University. Upon completion, Mrs. Cabrera taught at a large public school in Tulsaa. Mrs. Cabrera recently moved back to Victoria with her husband & 3-year-old daughter. Her husband is in full-time ministry at Faith Family Church, while her daughter loves life at FA in K3!
ELEMENTARY SPANISH - Ana Luz Gonzalez
Ana Luz Gonzalez was born in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. Mrs. Gonzalez received a Bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Coahuila in Mexico. She worked in accounting for 13 years. Mrs. Gonzalez taught Spanish at the Elementary Campus and assists in the preschool classes as well as teaching Spanish at the Secondary Campus.
Mrs. Gonzalez has volunteered as a lead costume designer for the Faith Academy Spring Musicals.
1ST GRADE - Angela Neinast
Angela Neinast is a 2017 Faith Academy graduate and a 2021 University of Houston-Victoria honor graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (EC-6).
Ms. Neinast worked at Faith Academy throughout high school and college in the Afterschool Care Program and as a Summer Program teacher.
She is a member of Faith Family Church and serves in the Preschool Team ministry.
2ND GRADE - Daniel Laughhunn
Daniel Laughhunn has a Masters Degree in Education and Undergraduate degree in Counseling and Guidance. Mr. Laughhunn has gone on missions trips to Mexico, Guatemala, India, and Sri Lanka and is an active member at Faith Family Church.
3RD GRADE - Sheri Alex
Sheri Alex graduated with honors from the University of Houston-Victoria with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood- 6th grade General Education. She spent five years serving in the U.S. Navy as a Master-at-arms. Mrs. Alex taught multiple grade levels in public school before joining Faith Academy.
Mrs. Alex and her husband have two children and are members of Faith Family Church.
4TH GRADE - Melody Crabill
Melody Crabill was born and raised in Victoria and attended Victoria schools all her life. She attended Victoria College and the University of Houston Victoria where she graduated Summa Cum Laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She has attended Faith Family Church since 1987 volunteering regularly in the preschool, student ministries, and intercessory prayer.
5TH GRADE - Alyssa Garza
6TH GRADE - Sarah Sauseda
Sarah Sauseda is a Faith Academy graduate. Ms. Sauseda taught in the public school system for 7 years before homeschooling her four children for 7 years.
Ms. Sauseda and her family are active members at Faith Family Church.
LEARNING RESOURCES - Donna Potts
Donna Potts graduated from Cuero High School and has worked in Christian education for over 30 years. Mrs. Potts wants the children to know Jesus, to recognize and appreciate all He has done and is doing in their lives.
JH/HS ENGLISH - Dominique Cavazos
JH PE, JH HISTORY, 8TH & 10TH BIBLE, HS SPEECH/HEALTH- Zach Walker
HS HISTORY, HS PE - Dusty Lemke
SPANISH 1 & 2, 9th BIBLE - Ana Gonzalez
HS SCIENCE - Joy Pittman
Joy Pittman is a 1969 graduate of Victoria High School and a 1971 graduate of Victoria College with an Associate of Arts degree and graduated in 1975 with a Bachelor of Science from Southwest Texas State University. Ms. Pittman taught 30 years in public schools (High School Health, Biology, Chemistry, Networking, and PE) and coached for 29 years (volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, tennis, track, and cross country).
Ms. Pittman's favorite time of the year is Christmas. Her favorite things to do are wood working, gardening/yard, photography, travelling, and working with kids.
ELEMENTARY MUSIC | SECONDARY FINE ARTS - Phoebe Taylor
Phoebe Taylor is a 2014 Faith Academy alum! While at FA, Phoebe was involved in the spring musical all four years of high school performing in Camp Rock, Sound of Music, Willy Wonka, and finishing off her senior year as Sabastian in the Little Mermaid. After graduation, she returned to choreograph FA’s Alice in Wonderland as well as 2022’s Cinderella where she also assisted in directing and other behind-the-scenes responsibilities. Phoebe has had the honor of singing with the Victoria Symphony and has been a big part of Faith Family Churches’ creative team for many years. Singing, dancing, acting, costumes, and makeup; if it’s part of the performing arts, she’s done it. With a passion for the creative and a heart for inspiring and nurturing the creative gifts in others, Phoebe is excited to be joining the team as Faith Academy’s HS fine arts teacher and elementary music teacher!
JH/HS MATH - Nicole Anderson
Nicole Anderson has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from St. Edward's University and has taught in public schools for 28 years. She is enthusiastic about teaching and enjoys sharing her mathematical knowledge with students.
Mrs. Anderson and her husband have two children who are pursuing further education. Mrs. Anderson enjoys spending time with her family and friends, going to movies, traveling, and helping others. She believes in the power of prayer and has a strong faith in God.
JH SCIENCE, 7th BIBLE, JH/HS ART - Tiffany Keszler
11th/12th BIBLE - Pastor Larry Helms
BCIS, JOURNALISM - Jacob Kabela
Jacob Kabela has a bachelor's degree in Sports Management and a master's degree in Educational Leadership from Oral Roberts University. He has spent eleven years on staff at Faith Family Church and is going on to his fourth year at Faith Academy.
Mr. Kabela and his wife both graduated from Faith Academy and have three children, of whom all attend Faith Academy. Mr. Kabela enjoys family time, golfing, running, and watching his favorite sport teams play.